Seven Brahmi inscriptions from Mathura and ist vicinity

Lüders, Heinrich

In: Epigraphia Indica Vol. 24, (1938), pp. 194-210

[img]
Preview
PDF, English
Terms of use / Nutzungsbedingungen

Download (13MB)
For citations of this document, please do not use the address displayed in the URL prompt of the browser. Instead, please cite with one of the following:

Abstract

Mora is a small village 7 miles west of Mathura City and 2 miles to the north of the road leading from Mathura to Govardhan. In 1882 General Cunningham discovered there a large inscribed slab which formed part of the terrace of an ancient well. In 1908 Dr. Vogel had the slab removed to the Mathura Museum under supervision of Pandit Radha Krishna. A transcript and a facsimile of the inscription were published by Cunningham, ASR. Vol. XX (1885), p. 49 and Plate V, No. 4.

Document type: Article
Version: Secondary publication
Date Deposited: 24 April 2018
Faculties / Institutes: Miscellaneous > Individual person
DDC-classification: General history of Asia Far East
Controlled Subjects: Südasien, Epigrafik, Geschichte
Uncontrolled Keywords: Südasien, Brahmi, Mathura, Geschichte / South Asia, Brahmi, Mathura, History
Subject (classification): Indology
Countries/Regions: South Asia
Series: People > Schriften von Heinrich Lüders
Volume: 37